Sunday, May 27, 2018

Quick Graduation, Promotion and Thank You Cards

It takes just two stamp sets, some paper, ink and a few odds and ends of embellishments and you have yourself a quick graduation, promotion, or thank you card for an educator. 
I used a little cardstock for my card bases and then stamped on Distress Mixed Media paper for the rest.  
The two stamp sets I used are by Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. They are called Pennants CMS330 and Composition and Lined CMS332.
These really couldn't be easier.
  1. I stamped all of the composition backgrounds onto the Heavystock with Black Soot Distress Archival Ink. Then once it was dry I went over it with some Antique Linen Distress Ink and a blending tool to age it a bit. Then it was trimmed to 3 3/4" by 5"
  2. The Lined background was stamped in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. Once dry I went over it with Antique Linen on a blending tool as well.  It was trimmed to 3 1/2" and ripped unevenly along the bottom edge. 
  3. I attached it to the Composition background and added a small piece of Ruler Ribbon from Ideaology. Them I sewed around the edges and zig-zagged over the ends of the trim.
  4. Once I had chosen my color scheme, I cut the card base from that color cardstock, roughed up and inked the edges, then attached the composition and lined piece.
  5. I stamped the pennant in a Distress Ink color matching the card base as well as the sentiment. Then I fussy cut the pennant and added dimensional adhesive before attaching. 
  6. The final touch was to added a few mini paper clips from Ideaology.
Consider stamping in the school colors, especially for graduation cards.



1 comment:

Paula Cheney said...

these are so awesome Tami! I love how you took one stamp and made it work for so many occasions!!