Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Use Your Wings - Luminary

The Floral Collage Paper that Tim Holtz introduced to his Ideaology line this year is so beautiful and a fantastic product to work with. When I got it, I started thinking about all the things I could put it on and I thought it might turn a Mini Mason Jar into a pretty Valentine’s Day luminary. So I got right to work and this was the outcome. You might have spotted it in the feminine side Tim's Ideaology Booth at Creativiation 2018,

I started by tearing the pink and red roses from the collage paper and saving the blue and yellow roses for another project. Then I attached it to the bottle with Distress Collage Medium. Once it was dry, I covered it in Picket Fence Distress Paint and then wiped it off to lighten the colors. 
I painted the original lid and the Mini Mason Jar Photo Clip Kit Tray with the metal rod all Picket Fence white. I also painted the smallest Vignette Frame with Picket Fence as well. Once they were all dry I distressed them by wiping some Frayed Burlap Distress Paint over them to make them look a little shabby. 

I added attached a piece of Worn Wallpaper to the smallest Vignette Panel and then attached the frame on top of it. for some final touches I added two of the new metal Butterflies and Ribbons and Bows Adornments.
Here are a few details for the top of the luminary. Age all the metals: the Butterflies, Ribbon, and Quote Token with Picket Fence Distress Paint and wipe off. 

Color three of the Heirloom Roses with Mountain Rose Alcohol Ink and Cranberry Alcohol Ink. 

Cut some greenery out of cardstock from the Funky Florals 3. Lighten the paper by wiping some Picket Fence Distress Paint on it and right off.

To assemble, attach the original lid to the bottom of the jar with Distress Collage Medium. Attach a row of rhinestone trim (I found mine at Hobby Lobby) then add a set of mini led lights inside the jar, attach the metal rod to the accessory lid.
 I tied some Eclectic Elements Craft Thread around the lip of the jar and added one of the gorgeous new Jeweled Charms.

And there you have it. An adorable Valentine Luminary to decorate a desk, bedside table, bookcase or mantle.

5 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

so much beautifulness! Love this whole idea! so many pretty details

Paula Cheney said...

I just loved this project! So very clever how you used the Collage Paper to cover the glass. I never would have thought of that in a million years.

Tamera said...

Thank you so much Paula!!

Tamera said...

Thanks Susan!

Sheila said...

I saw this beautiful creation in the videos and couldn't wait til you posted the tutorial. One of my favorites and one I'd like to try. I LOVE anything with light. I bet it's beautiful in the dark. Thanks for the tutorial.