Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thank You For All You Do

I was a public school junior high teacher for fifteen years, and for the last ten years I’ve been teaching school kids in my city from kindergarten through high school about water and water issues. So it’s safe to say that I know something about teachers.

Over the years, I appreciated the sweet and thoughtful gifts my students would bring to me, but what really touched my heart were the notes from parents and students. The kind words when a parent noticed something I did for their child or even more, when a student expressed something I had done that helped them...those are the things I treasured, and I still have them saved in a wooden treasure chest for keepsakes.
In that light, I created this card with two Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp sets, Pennants CMS330 and Composition & Lined CMS332. These two paired together make it really simple to stamp a bunch of backgrounds and pennants for notecards for teachers, or others who could  use a kind, encouraging word.
There really isn’t much technique to what I did here. I stamped the composition background onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Black Soot Archival, then used a blending  tool to add some Old Paper and Brushed Corduroy around the edges. I stamped the Lined background in Tumbled Glass and added the same Distress Inks around the edges. The pennant and sentiment were stamped in Fired Brick Distress Ink.

To finish it off I added a piece of Ruler Ribbon and some Mini Paper Clips from the Tim Holtz Ideaology line. I adhered the clips with Distress Collage Medium and machine zig zagged across the ends of the Ruler Ribbon.

No comments: