Saturday, August 5, 2017

EEK

A simple Halloween card using Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Mini Halloween Things #662379 die set. There are 11 mini die sets in this set that make some adorable little Halloween things that can be used individually, or together to tell a story. I used the owl from the set on a card posted last week called Happy Owlloween.
These dies fit perfectly on the Gift Tags #662423 set of 12 mini tag dies. But I used them on cards and in a future blog post, you'll see them used on some place cards and bookmarks.
I made all of the paper on this card excet for the black frame, by using various Stampers Anonymous Background stamps designed buy Tim Holtz, and using Distress Inks and Distress Oxides. 
To make the border on the title shape, I cut it out and left the die cut in place, then went around the inside edge of the die with the fine tip of a Distress Marker. The Star Fasteners were from my Ideaology stash.
The title, EEK, on both versions of the card is because most of the time, people are scared of spiders, so it might be taken that the eek is because the spider is scary. But the spider is being stared at by 5 cats. And in my house, cats eat spiders. I have zero spider problems in my house. So I thought it would be cute to turn the tables and have the spider saying EEK!

This is another version of the same card using Tim's Distress Coordinations Cardstock.  I like them both.
Additional dies that were used were the Labels Die Set #660060 (one of my favorite sets!) the Halloween Script #660957 die set, and the Alphanumeric 3/4 #660056 Die set.

No comments: