Friday, August 4, 2017

Beware

The Scarecrow #662382 is one of Tim Holtz's Halloween releases in his Sizzix Alterations line. It consists of three pieces, two with birds and one with the scarecrow and grass/wheat.  They all cut beautifully and make for a quick, easy card or addition to a decor piece.
For the background on this card, I used blending tools and Distress Oxides. For the purpose of this mini tutorial, I blended the Fossilized amber into the Broken China, then Faded Jeans and last the Wilted Violet.  The colors will determine how bright or muted your background sunset will feel.  This one is brighter than the one on the card.
  
 To form the clouds, I used the wide water brush, loaded with water, and brushed in cloud-shapes one at a time. Let the water pool and it will form kind of a border.  I don't know why, but it has something to do with the chemical make-up of the Oxides.  It's pretty cool!
  
Once the border forms, then I ever so gently, soak up a little bit of the pooled water, leaving some to make them look not so uniform and more cloud-like.  I really love the way the clouds look.
I cut two extra bottom portions of the scarecrow die and trimmed them off so I could pop them up with dimensional adhesive. The birds are attached scattered across the sky as if they were just scared from their resting places throughout the field.  And to finish it off, the word Beware was added from the Handwritten Halloween #660598 set.

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

WOW! how cool is that! I have to try that with my distressed oxides. Love the cute card