Saturday, February 8, 2020

Tiny Lights Paper Holder


I apologize a head of time for this being a completely uncreative, unexciting tutorial, but I figured this was as good a time as any to write a post about this. I have attempted a couple of different things for the battery packs for the Tiny Lights in the past. The easiest is just to stick a couple of foam dots on the back with the battery door facing out and call it good. But sometimes I want it to be somewhat camouflaged.  So I've started making little open-ended boxes like the one above that holds the battery pack with room for some of the wiring, and allows you to turn the lights on and off, and pull out the battery pack when you need to change the battery. So here is how I make them.
 I cut a piece of cardstock (one that is either the same as the place where you are attaching it, or one that can match it at least) that is 2 3/8 inches wide. Don't worry about the length yet.  Place it on a score-board and score it at 1 1/8, 1 1/2, 2 5/8, 3, 4 1/8.  Then turn it 90 degrees and score it at 3/8" all along one side.
 Fold it on all the scored lines and then cut along them only on the 3/8" part as shown above.
 Trim the 3/8" flap on the last 1 1/8" section.
 Fold it up to begin to make a box.
 Put some adhesive on the section with the piece cut off. Adhere it to the underside of the first 1 1/8" piece.
 Trim the 3/8" x 3/8" side flaps at an angle as shown.
 They will look like this when you are done.
 Fold them in.
 Fold the bottom flap (the bottom is the side that has two 1 1/8 pieces adhered together) in and adhere it to the 3/8 flaps.
 Then fold down the top flap and adhere it to seal the box.
 One end is sealed and the other is open to allow you to put the battery pack and some wiring inside.
 You can see from this angle that there is room for both.
 I attach it to the back of a project where the wiring for the Tiny Lights is coming out. Put the open end closest to the hole.
From this angle you can see that it's closed on the back end. That's all there is to it.

I apologize again for such a boring post, but I wanted to cover this since I have done this on several of my projects this year. :-)
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!



3 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

I do this to my lighted projects too. Makes for a more "finished" project! Thanks for the measurements for these lights...

Janice said...

It’s not boring, it’s informative! Thanks so much for sharing!

Susanne said...

Thanks a lot for the idea.