- Paint the tag white.
- Cut all the branches out on the Branch die with white Distress Woodgrain Cardstock.
- Adhere the white Branches to the painted white tag with collage medium. I put them all coming in from the sides pointing toward the center.
- Liberally smear some Ranger Opaque Crackle Texture Paste around all the edges and in places in the center of the tag as well. Let dry and crack.
- Cover the entire tag, branches and crackle paste with a thin layer of Distress Collage Medium. Let dry.
- Paint the entire tag with a layer of Weathered Wood Distress Paint and lightly wipe away from some areas so the white underneath shows through.
- Once it is dry, add another layer of Collage Medium.
- Sand the edges so that the base of the tag shows through in places along the very edge.
- Scribble a little Ground Espresso and Black Soot Distress Crayon on the edges and rub it in to distress the tag.
The basic idea is to cut an Ice Flake out of a piece of black cardstock and a Ideaology Mirrored Sheet. You will want to wear away some of the mirror from the back of the Mirrored Sheet, so this is where you really want to check out the tutorial linked above. It's a little messy but one of my most favorite techniques.
And there you have it. One of my favorite new decor pieces of the season.