Friday, September 21, 2018

Great Pumpkin - Sizzix Alterations Frightening Faces

The Frightening Faces make me giggle. I love them! What a fun, versatile die set from Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations.

For this card I was inspired by It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  I mean, how can you not be inspired by Charles Shultz right?
To make this card I pulled out an older die that is available again this year called Pumpkin Patch. It couldn't be more perfect right? I cut out the pumpkins and backed them with a darker orange paper.
Then I cut some of the Frightening Faces out of the pumpkins and backed the faces with yellow.
They are just so darn cute and funny!
The fence behind them was made by cutting several planks from one of my go-to dies, the Planks die, coloring them with various brown distress inks with a little Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint thrown in here and there, and then running them through the 3-D Lumber Texture Fade.
The little bits of grass are from the Funky Florals 3.
The background began as a 5x7 piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. I sprayed it with some Distress Resist Spray and then blended the sky with several colors of Distress Oxides.
I added some bats and the moon from the Haunted House die set.



2 comments:

Paula Cheney said...

Fantastic!! You just always have great ideas Tami!! So clever!

Unknown said...

I love everything about this card! Thanks for sharing your creativity Tami!