Monday, March 6, 2017

On the Farm

My inspiration for this card were the French country prints that adorn the walls of one of my favorite local breakfast cafes.
The focal stamp set I used was On the Farm CMS303
I began by stamping the text stamp and log book stamp unmounted so that just bits of the stamp touched the paper. In doing it this way all over a piece of Distress Multi Media Heavystock paper I formed a collage background. I did all this Stamping in a brown Distress Ink. Then went over the entire background with Antique Linen Distress Ink and a blending tool.
I stamped the sheep in Black Soot Archival Ink and dried it. Then I watercolored the wool on the sheep and dabbed it dry with a clean cloth. I did this a couple of times and it turned an interesting white. I found that to be a serendipitous result and left it.
To make the frame I pounced three colors of Distress Paint onto Rosettes from
Rosette and Floret CMS279 then spritzed lightly with water and stamped it onto Ranger Black Cardstock. Then I cut it into a frame shape using dies.
Finishing touches were the bit of yellow Jute String and a Mini Plaquette stained with a little Butterscotch Alcohol Ink.

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Love this! The colors are perfect and the sheep is so cute