Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Disneyland Petting Zoo Big Thunder Ranch

Our June kit for the Basic Grey page of the month contained this paper.  It was very farmy.  I really didn't have anything I was going to be able to use with it, but then I remembered the petting zoo at Disneyland! (where else, right?)
There was also a technique that I wasn't to excited to try so as always I just did what I wanted while the rest of the class attempted the technique.  
When I went to photograph the layout for the blog, two of my four cats decided that nap time was over and that I really needed them to help with the photo shoot and a little more distressing on the fabric flowers. 
This layout is a take on this one pager from Sketch Savvy #108. I turned it into a two page layout.  It's a very loose interpretation of the sketch because I forgot which sketch I used and had to finish the layout two months later.

This layout is about the little petting zoo area of Disneyland called Big Thunder Ranch.  There are quite a few goats there that all have cute names.  In this picture are Pongo (Such a funny goat! Named after the male dalmation in 101 Dalmations) and Leota (named after Madame Leota from the Haunted Mansion and the famous Haunted Mansion imagineer, Leota Toombs.)

This side of the layout features a giant sheep named George.  He was so calm and so cool.  Unfortunately, as it says in the hidden journaling, George has since passed away. You will see other animals around Big Thunder Ranch, a horse, cow, parrot, turkeys and they used to bring in reindeer at Christmas, but don't do that anymore.
 I used some colored canvas from Die Cuts with a View to make two flowers on this layout.
 This flower was made from the paper backed canvas by Die Cuts with a View.
This banner was cut with a new Sizzix die I bought from my LSS. 

Happy to be finished with this after two months.  I really didn't like this line, but I'm so glad that it ended up being perfect for these pictures.  

And the next time you are at Disneyland, stop by Big Thunder Ranch and give the goats a little love. You can also follow them on Instagram at @disneylandgoats

1 comment:

blupixy said...

Love how your layout came out! That line of papers worked perfectly! Love it!