Wednesday, August 27, 2014

BTR Bar B Que - Disneyland

This is another layout using the Basic Grey Herbs and Honey paper. White I was looking for some farmer's market type pictures I ran across a few photos fromthe Big Thunder Ranch BBQ from October of 2010 that I hadn't scrapped.  Perfect!

Next I set about trying to decide what layout would best fit the photos and the paper I had.  I did have plenty of 12x12 but also had a bunch of 4x6 cards that I needed to use, so I decided that this sketch by Susan Stringfellow for Basic Grey would be perfect. It allowed me to use a lot of the different patterns from the 4x6 paper.



For the embellishments I used DCWV corrugated paper and cut them out with Sizzix flower dies by Brenda Walton.

 I stamped the background paper with a Tim Holtz stamp that mimicked chicken wire.
 The center of the flowers needed something, so I punched 1/2" circles out of the corners of a frame sticker and attached them to some flat brads, then covered with Glossy Accents for some shine.  Homemade decorative brads in no time!
 And true to form, my sweet shadow was right next to me as I photographed, giving himself a bath.

No comments: