Thursday, May 3, 2012

Zocalo Park - Dia de los Muertos


This is for a special National Scrapbooking Day challenge on Disney Scrappers.  Since National Scrapbooking day is also Cinco de Mayo, I decided one of the challenges should be to do a Disney layout about something that pertains to Mexico.  I have never eaten at Disneyland's Rancho del Zocalo, but every year during Halloween Time, they set up a Dia de los Muertos display in a little area by Big Thunder Mountain that they call Zocalo Park. It's very bright and colorful.

 My layout is a scraplift of this Rose Garden layout done by Susan Stringfellow on her Creatively Savvy blog.  I used paper from American Crafts designed by Amy Tangerine. It is totally not my style, but I felt that it fit perfectly with the subject of the layout.

For the embellishments I added a tag stamped with paint dabbers using Tim Hotlz stamps.

No comments: