Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pixies - Tinkerbell and Terence

 This is a sample for a National Scrapbooking Weekend challenge on Disney Scrappers.  This challenge was to use this color scheme and there had to be something on your page that flys. 
I had to fudge a teensy bit on the color.  My cream is a little more yellow than the one in the color scheme, but it's close.  The butterflys are my flying element although the pixies in the photos fly too.

 
 I based the layout on this Sketch #10 by from Sketch Savvy and stretched it to make a two page layout.
 I just love these photos with the pixies from Pixie Hollow at Disneyland.  This was from a Girl's Day a few years ago.  We were surprised that we managed to get a picture with Tink and Terrance!

 I used some paper butterflies from CTMH and colored them with Distress Stain, then Distress Rock Candy Stickles and then made the bodies with Scattered Straw Distress Stickles.

The green burlap leaves were made by dying cream burlap with Range Colorwash.  Once it was dry I added Stiffy fabric stiffener by Plaid to it and laid it flat to dry.  Once it was dry it was fairly stiff and I was able to cut it with my Tim Holtz scissors.  I added half an acorn to mimic Terrance's hat.

Here is a cute little video of Tink and Terrance at Pixie Hollow in Disneyland.

No comments: