Friday, August 12, 2011

Beautiful Friendship

This layout uses some October Afternoon Report Card and some papers from Pink Paislee as well. I was inspired by a one page layout I saw in the Jan- June 2012 Close to My Heart catalog. So I took the basic layout and finagled it to fit my needs.

I have to admit that when I first saw this paper I was in a bit of dispair, but as I started to work with it I really fell in love with it!

What a perfect backdrop for some pictures of a meet-up with a long-time online friend. We met on 2Peas and since she is a Disney geek, scrapbooker and a Disney Travel agent, we were destined to be great friends! Disney was having their "EarMarked Conference" at the Disneyland Resort, and since DF is a Disney Travel Agent, of course, she was there. So, DH and I Met up with her the evening before the conference started and we had a great time!

This picture is a little nostalgic, because the San Francisco Bridge in the background was disassembled last month and is no more.
For the title I used a quote from the Disney movie, The Fox and the Hound, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Along with the title, I have a flower made out of Maya Road zipper trim, that is on a Cosmo Cricket Gluber, and the center is held down with a brad made using the Imaginisce iTop Tool.

The tickets are from the Tim Holtz 100th Stamp Set, with another zipper trim flower. The four leaf motif is an SVG cut from Creatively Savvy.

Thanks October Afternoon for forcing me out of my color comfort zone! I had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

LMAO at the Stitch photo! Fantastic layout, Tami.

Laurie Zeller said...

I LOVE IT!!! The zipper flowers are fantastic! And the quote brought a tear to my eye. You're a peach, Tami. I'm so glad we're friends and got this opportunity to meet face-to-face. ~BIG HUG~

Laura Drahozal said...

I really love that you are such a proud Disney Geek. (I love Disney, too, but am usually at the World). Nice scrapping!