Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's a Small World - Before and After

It's a Small World is an iconic Disney ride. From the song to the puppets, it is Disney through and through. These two layouts celebrate this wonderful ride in its original form and in the newly restored version of 2009.

The first layout features pictures of the original ride with some of its better know puppets and scenes. I just love the vibrant colors on this ride and really, many of the scenes should have pages dedicated solely to them, but I only have so much time. ;-D

This layout was based on Sketch #4 from Sketch Savvy.
The pom pom border along the side is a free SVG file also from Sketch Savvy.


The title block is the large QuicKutz/Lifestyle Crafts tag, and embossed with the QK/LC embossing plate. The font is Storybook.

Here is a video of the original ride.

This layout features some of the changes made after the rennovations made in 2008. The ride reopened in February of 2009 to mixed review. Many people didn't like the addition of Disney characters into the ride that was already so iconically Disney.

This layout was based on the one-page Sketch #29 from Sketch Savvy. I stretched it into a two pager.


Some of the characters added were Peter Pan and Tink, Alice and the White Rabbit, Pinocchio and Jiminey Cricket, the Three Caballeros, Cinderella, Gus and Jacque, Woody, Jessie and Bullseye, Aladdin, Jasmine and Abu, Mulan and Mushu, Lilo and Stitch, Dori, Crush, and Nemo, and Ariel.
Here is my review on my Disneyland blog - Disneyland Diva "It's a Smal World: New and Improved?"

And this is a video of the rennovated ride with the new characters:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE This!!! All these photos are great! And I love the words on the circle on the second page!

Susan Stringfellow said...

I am really loving these! I cant get over the way you stretch one pagers. Fantastic

Tammy E. said...

Great layouts -- I love how you made the circle on the "After" layout. Glad I found your blog. I love two pagers (but rarely ever get to do them).