Friday, September 3, 2021

Pocus RX Flask Party Favor


Need a prescription for a little Pocus to cure your frights and chills?  Pocus is guaranteed to be the most  reliable brain food known while imparting vitality to bones, nerves and muscles! Ask your doctor if Pocus is right for you. Side affects may include all night crafting, distraction at work thinking about crafting, or the uncontrollable urge to buy all the Tim Holtz products.

This little flask favor is made using stamps from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Halloween 2021 release. 

This is the other sample I made after my ship date for the Stampers Anonymous release. I paired a few of the new stamp sets together to make this fun favor. You know I love to make these

This is a quick walk through video where I explain how I made this with some of my close-up photos below.

 

To begin with, we need to make the label for the prescription. Stamp the Red Cross Drug Store Stamp onto a piece of Heavystock with Barn Door and Vintage Photo Archival Distress Ink. Then stamp the image onto a piece of masking paper and fussy cut around it. Mask over it and stamp a Label Frame in Barn Door so that it looks like it is part of the label. Lastly, cut the word pocus off of the Bold Frights Hocus Pocus stamp and stamp just the word pocus in the label frame in Ground Espresso Archival ink with a touch of Black Soot Archival. Cut out the label, ink the edges with Distress Ink and then adhere to the front of the flask

. 

Stamp the prescription ad on a piece of heavystock in Ground Espresso Archival Ink, then ink the paper with Distress Ink and adhere to the side of the flask.

Once the label and description are dry, cover the entire flask with a layer of Distress Collage Medium CRAZING. Let it dry naturally do not use a heat tool. Once it is dry, rub some Walnut Stain Distress Crayon all over the entire flask with slightly damp fingers so the crayon goes into the crazing and emphasizes the all the tiny cracks.
Cut a tag from the Gifts and Tags die set and stamp the RX stamp in three colors of Distress Archival Ink. then age it with Distress Inks. Tie it around the top of the flask with a bit of string.

Fill the flask with some Pocus candy and there you have a fun party favor or Halloween treat.

I got the flasks from Amazon. This one is food grade plastic because I thought I was going to need to mail it and I didn't want to risk mailing a food grade glass one. but if it was my party and favor, I would probably get the glass ones.

**Also, food safety is a concern so adding a bunch of products to the flask is not the focus here, the candy inside and the labels and tag are the focus. I’m not a food safety expert, so take care with what you add to the flasks, and if you aren’t sure or are in any way concerned, then opt for only crackling the stamped labels and attach them with double sided adhesive afterward. That will be just as cool!!**

I hope you have fun making some unique party favors or treats for friends and loved ones.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

I think I need some of this "brain food" to get me started on my Halloween makes...LOL. This is fun stuff...need to make these for the neighbor's kids this year....thanks for the how to.