Thursday, September 2, 2021

Entomology Test Tube Favors - Moth Study CMS436

I thought it would be fun to make something that wasn’t a card for a few of my samples for the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Halloween Release 2021. 

This idea came to mind before any of the others and I had the test tubes and stand ordered before my stamps even got here. 😁 
I hope you enjoy the closeups here, and the full video walk through on my YouTube channel. 

These little tags were cut from a long time favorite die set by Tim Holtz and Sizzix called Gift Tags #662423. Stamp a label onto them.
On the top of the test tubes I put the little round label stamp. I fussy cut them out because I didn't have a punch the correct size.
I colored some Heavystopck with Old Paper and Antique Linen Distress Stains, then flicked some Ground Espresso ink on the papers. New I stamped the Label Frame and a moth inside with Ground Espresso Distress Archival Ink. Next, I watercolored the images with various Distress inks in fairly neutral colors.
Attach the labels to the bottom half of each of the test tubes.
Age the wooden test tube holder with Distress Vintage Collage Medium, a little Grit Paste and some Distress Crayons.

Add a label to the top part of the test tubes.
 That's it for the details on this one! It's a really versatile stamp set and favor. The Moth Study stamps would work beautifully for not only cards, but also Bible journaling, travel journaling, planners, scrapbooking and even fun little favors and tags like this. As for the test tube favors, they can easily be filled with a variety of things from candy to tea, to herbs like lavender or bath salts.....so many different things that would make party favors for all ages.

Thank you so very much for stopping by and for your support!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: