Monday, September 14, 2020

Specimen No.3616 - Stampers Anonymous

How beautiful are the insects on the new Specimen stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous?  Beautiful! Right?  And they make putting a lovely card together super easy.
This card began with one of the iron-off resist techniques from this post, using the Distress Embossing Glazes.
I stamped the Renaissance stamp with clear embossing in and embossed it with Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glaze, then colored with Distress Ink and then I put another piece of Heavystock over it and ironed it with a hot iron until the Glaze reheated and melted into the second piece of Heavystock. It left behind bits of the dark glaze, but I love the light resist the glaze created. It's fabulous.
I added some focal text above and below the butterfly using some wording from the Specimen stamps.
The detail in this butterfly stamp actually makes it seem like it is textured. Incredible! I stamped it on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Black and Ground Espresso Distress Archival Ink. Then I watercolored it with Distress Inks.
Here is a look at the other side of the background resist technique. I love it with the Renaissance stamp!
I decided I wanted a tiny bit more detail on the background of the stamp, so I used my hand and lightly stamped parts of the script stamp from the Dearly Departed CMS413 stamps. There are many stamps from the Tim Holtz line from Stampers Anonymous that have a script stamp, so if you didn't purchase Dearly Departed (yet -- it's a lovely set!) but you have a different one with a script. I recommend this technique of just using bits of it to add some detail.
 

 That's it! It is an especially easy card to make if you spend some time making a bunch of your backgrounds first and then adding the focal points afterward. That's a technique I learned from Tim and it has served me well.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

 

1 comment:

Art By Wanda said...

Such a beautiful card, Tami!!!!!!!!!!!!