Monday, August 3, 2020

Thin Ice Curio Box Stocking Stuffers - Sizzix Chapter 3 2020

I'm back with more Curio Box Stocking Stuffers or Christmas Quick Gifts. Today I'm featuring the boxes paired with the new Thin Ice dies from Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 3 release.

Note on the Curio Box: After my last post on the Winter Critters Curio Gift Boxes, I had some people contact me with concerns that they could not get the box and had been told it was discontinued. I contacted a friend who is in the Sales and Marketing Department at Sizzix and was assured that it is NOT discontinued. It was such a popular die when it was released in January of 2020, that it has been difficult to keep up with demand. Because of it's immediate popularity, it has been put on the Essentials list of dies, which means it will be around for some time. So never fear, you will be able to find it soon enough. Isn't that great news?
To begin with, I cut the Curio Box from some older Idea-ology Christmas paper scraps that I had on hand. Don't forget to go through your old scraps and see what you still have. The bottom of the box was cut from Chipboard or Little Sizzles Mat Board from Sizzix.  Remember that the Curio Box Bigz XL die comes with a set of Framelits that cut out shapes in the lid to reveal things. I used both of the ovals for this set of Stocking Stuffers. It allowed more of the fun paper to show and gave me more space to attach the dies directly to the box.
On this first box, I only attached one of the trees from Thin Ice. They come with some little dies with snowy bits that you can use or not use. There are some indentions made in the trees that help you to see where the snow goes. I was following the packaging and could not find where this one little bit of snow went, so I am including this here so you can see where it goes if you end up with the same problem I had.
For the second gift box I cut one of the skating elves. This die is one single silhouette die, but I wanted to make it a little more colorful. To make a skating elf with a colorful outfit, you need to cut several. Here is what I did -
  1. I cut two elves out of Distress Watercolor Cardstock. Use one as the base and color the flesh tones and the skates. 
  2. Then cut the trim pieces by hand from the second one. I cut the puff ball on the hat, the hat band, the cuffs and the trim on the bottom of the shirt. Set those aside. 
  3. Cut one elf from the paper you want for the outfit. I used a red pattern. Cut away the hat and cut the shirt and shorts as one piece. 
  4. Attach the hat and outfit to the base and then add the white trim from step 2. 
  5. Lastly, take a scrap of paper that you want for the scarf. Lay it over that area of the elf die and cut. Trim away just the scarf shap and adhere over the shirt. 
You are finished. So cute!

Add a gift card and/or some candy and these boxes make great quick gifts or stocking stuffers (or as I learned from my British friends, stocking fillers.)  It's so easy to whip up several of these for colleagues, delivery people, or other service workers. 

Thank you for checking out today's post and if you would like more detail or need any clarification, please feel free to contact me through the link in the column on the right. I'm happy to try and help.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

I love it...another completely adorable gifting idea. There is just something extra special about a gift that is hand-made and contains sweets and a gift card...yum-yum...LOL.