Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Quick Stacked Circles and Stacked Squares Banners

I made some quick and simple banners to hang behind a few projects for photo shoots and thought I would just do a quick post discussing how I made some of them.
They were made using the new Chapter 2 stacked dies, Stacked Squares and Stacked Circles.
They come in 5 different sizes and you get 5 of each size, so you can cut 25 circles in one pass if you want.
This is what it looks like if you cut a 12x12 piece of cardstock in half (6x12) and place the Stacked Circles on the paper facing a cutting pad underneath.
Here is what the Stacked Squares look like. I cut 25 of them 2x. So I used both 6x12 pieces of paper.
I cut squares and circles out of two colors each. I used papers from the Ideaology Lost and Found paper stash.
Once all the pieces were cut, I glued the 3 largest like-sized shapes back to back, so that one side would be say blue and the other gold. Once the 3 largest were double sided, I adhered the two smallest shapes inside the two largest shapes to add interest, as seen above.
Then I set my sewing machine to the zig zag setting, and just started feeding the circles through under the foot to attach them together and make a banner.
I sewed the circles through the center and the squares through the center on the diagonal. This is a really fast and easy way to make a banner. I've used this technique for years when making a banner for a party or class just to add a bit of color, theme and feeling of celebration to any occasion.

If you didn't have a sewing machine, you could punch a hole on each side of the circles and squares and then thread some string or twine through the holes to make similar banners.

Thank you so much for checking out this quick tip!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: