Saturday, May 4, 2019

Shrouded in a Daft Disquise - Disney Scrappers 2019 INSD

It's time again for our Disney Scrappers Inter-National Scrapbook Day Week-long Crop. So I will be post pages this week. Sometimes several in one day so I can link them over in the gallery at Disney Scrappers.
I started this layout for last year's INSD and never got it finished to post. So I'm using it this year.  It is made of Tim Holtz paper, dies and Ideaology.
 I was dressed as an obscure character, The Duchess, from the graveyard scene in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. I was attending Mickey's Halloween Party with several Disney Scrapper friends and wanted to document my costume.
 The title is made with the Ideaology Label Letters and a retired alphabet die called Gothic mini (there was later a Bigz Gothic alpha). Look at those fabulous Halloween papers from the 2017 Halloween paper stash.
 The ravens on this page were from the Feathers and Ravens die set.  I LOVE ravens and they are perfect for the Haunted Mansion with the Ghost Host and all. Underneath is half of one of the Doily dies and then more of the Halloween 2017 paper stash papers.
 This urn was one of the Tarnished Trophies that I cut the handles off and then drew some details on the paper. I added a funerial arrangement coming out of it by cutting the Garden Greens dies from various grey papers.  I wanted it to look like one of the arrangements that are in the hallway wake scene in the Haunted Mansion.
Instead of journaling about my costume and the party I decided to make up a silly story about the picture with phrases from the 2017 Halloween Clippings stickers. 

I really had so much fun with this layout and am just sorry it took me a year to actually share it here.
I have linked some of the items that I could find. Others are retired.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


1 comment:

sarascloset said...

Tami, this a a wonderful layout full of great not too spooky details that accentuate your wonderful photo perfectly! I love the raven and your ghostly bouquet--well, I love everything about it right down to how you allowed wisps of black thread to come off your stitching! Clever, clever you!