Saturday, April 7, 2018

Aloha

I had a blast making this card and thinking about all the fun times I’ve had with family and friends in Disneyland’s Enchanted Tiki Room. I can hear Fritz the parrot in my head as he starts the whole tiki room off by making all the guests say “alooooha!”
The different papers used were from the Correspondence Paper Stash, corrugated piece is from the Textured Surfaces pack, Distress Woodgrain Cardstock and Distress Mixed Media Heavystock

The base of corrugated paper was cut using the largest Stacked Deckle Die.
I cut all of the flowers from Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and then watercolored them with Disress Ink. The pieces of the Tiki were cut from Distress Woodgrain Cardstock and then colored with Distress Oxides. The title is the Cut Out Lowercase alphabet on one of the planks from the Planks die.
The tiki and most flowers were cut from an older die set that is still available called Tropical, and a few of the Funky Florals 2.

No comments: