Friday, November 24, 2017

Christmas in the Great Outdoors



I really love the feel of the Great Outdoors CMS321 Stamp Set by Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. It has such a great Frontierland at Christmas Time feel to it. So that’s what I was going for with this card. Something I could easily see fitting into the decor in Frontierland or Critter Country at Disneyland.

Tim designs not only great stamp sets, but great stencils too, and Stampers Anonymous manages to put such amazing details in them. It’s really incredible. So on this card I decided to put them both to work and use them with Distress Oxides to make my own paper.

The card started out with one of my new faves, the Distress Wood Grain Cardstock. I colored it with various Distress Inks and Distress Oxides in brown tones.

Then for the pennant pieces, I started with a couple of pieces of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Using a blending tool and the Candied Apple Distress Oxide, I colored the Heavystock red. Then I laid the Plaid THS097 Stencil on top of it and using a different blending tool, I gently worked the Black Soot Oxide down into the open spaces on the stencil. Then when you lift up the stencil, voila! Buffalo Plaid!

For the green piece, I lightly colored it with Lucky Clover using a blending tool. Then I stamped the Pine stamp from the CMS312 Flurry and Pine set in the same color. I love stamping the same color on the background. It looked great, but I felt it needed a little something more to tie it in with the rest of the card. After fiddling around with a few ideas, I settled on the Pines THS096 Stencil. I used the same technique as the plaid, worked Black Soot Distress Oxide into the pine tree spaces in the stencil.

For the focal point, I colored another piece of Heavy Stock with Antique Linen Distress Oxide. Then stamped the wood slice from the Great Outdoors set with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide. Once dry, I stamped the bear from the Great Outdoors set onto the middle of the wood slice.

To put it all together, I cut two pennant pieces from the plaid and trees and then popped the wood slice on top of them. Stamped one of the sentiments from the set and tied some Eclectic Elements Crafters Thread around the side.

This is really a pretty easy card to make, and if done in an assembly line style, would make a great Christmas card.

Have a creative day! 

Tami 

 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp. The links below send you to their store. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and my YouTube channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Paula Cheney said...

I love what you did with the flags in the background!