Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fan-tasche-tic Halloween Projects

At the Craft Envy Halloween Crop last week, I had several design team projects to make, so I donned my moustached and prepared to have a "fan-tasche-tic" time creating! 
The paper I was given to design with was a great line I had already purchased to make a Disney Halloween Mini Book.  It is called Frightful by My Mind's Eye
We were all given pumpkins to decorate, so I tried to make mine look like one of the pumpkins in the collection.  I also used the mustache from one of the 8x10 prints and the banner is made using a Tim Holtz Ribbon Flags die. After I took this picture I found some black and white striped straws and I used those to cover the sticks holding the banner.  It was much cuter!

Then it was on to treat bags.  These little bags are made with the Tim Holtz In the Bag Die. Then to decorate it I used the Tim Holtz Snowflake Rosette Die.  The top edge is the smaller rosette die that I used as a border instead of making it into a rosette.  I used it around the Be Scary chipboard as well. 

 I really love how the snowflake rosettes look for Halloween!  Not snowflakey at all.
 Lastly, I made two cards using the Tim Holtz Headstone Die.  I folded the cardstock and then placed it just inside the top of the headstone to create the two-sided card. Then I used the different embellishments from the collection to decorate them.
The fronts of the cards are on the left and the insides are on the right.
 This card has some glitter bats cut from glitter cardstock using the 
Tim Holtz Sizzlets Halloween Die. The glitter curls coming from under the chipboard 
is a glitter mustache cut in half. Rusty Hinge Distress Stickles were added.
 The inside has more mustache paper and a die cut.  This paper made for a fun card!
 Again I added the bats, but I also added the Tim Holtz Bats and Crossbones Die along the bottom.  The orange and black twine is Tim Holtz Ideaology Paper String Stripes Twine.
That's it for the fun, extras I made with the collection.  I really enjoyed spending the day creating with this frightful line of papers.

No comments: