Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Fuelin' Up at Flo's

I started taking the Basic Grey Page of the Month Layout  (BGPOTM) class at my LSS.  You get a lot in your kit and if you add just little more here and there you can squeeze out quite a few layouts!  I managed to get two 2-pagers and one 1-pager out of this month's CAPTURE kit. The papers in the CAPTURE line kind of turned me off at first and then when I was searching for pictures to go on the paper, I was surprised at how well it went with many of my photos from Disney's California Adventure park.

This is another two-pager I got from the paper in the kit.  The variety of colors is really surprising. You can go from subdued colors on Buena Vista Street to the bright greens, teals, and yellows of the Dapper Goofy layout, to this supper bright and crazy 50's feeling layout for Flo's V-8 in Carsland.
 This layout was based on an Exclusive Basic Grey sketch done by Susan Stringfellow.

I had a great time using up as much of the chipboard pieces and as many stickers as I could.  The title chipboard letters are also Basic Grey, but they are Spice Market letters.  The little dots are MME. 
There are so many cute embellishments that I had to stop myself!  But the 50's was a mass of advertising, so I felt like this fit the era well.  The Mickey shape was from a Hallmark epoxy chipboard pack.
 I had to alter and add-to a few of these pieces but I like the result.

 I like this little cluster as well. Esp that I fit two  Hidden Mickeys on the page.

Thanks Basic Grey for all the fun product to play with and for helping me get several Disney layouts finished!



3 comments:

blupixy said...

Love this layout. Can't wait to explore this area in the park this summer! I loved the BG POTM kits when I got them from RW. Gotta get more! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Zeller said...

These papers are perfect for Flo's!! The colors are spot-on. And the "Fuelin Up" piece?? Perfection!!

powerscrapper said...

This is such an awesome layout! Love the color palette! Would so love to go to Cars Land!!