Thursday, March 21, 2013

Be a Finisher, not just a Starter - Part II

I am still working through this pile!
 I have four more finished and 13 to go!  As I said in the last post, many of these were either classes or class page kits and so I kept them simple and basic enough for 10 people to make at the same time, or for people to put together on their own with minimal instruction.
But again, they get the job done and memories are documented, which is my main goal.
This layout is based on Sketch Savvy Sketch #47  .  I turned it into a two-pager and used Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper.   I think the colors are perfect for the very bright and colorful Winnie the Pooh ride in Disneyland's Critter Country.  The title is what Pooh is saying during his dream in the ride.

I dry embossed the manila tags for a little texture.
I sewed on the page with some fun variegated thread.  If you look closely you can see the change in color.
Of course, a Hidden Mickey!! 

This page is some very old K & Company.  I used my Tink and Friends cartridge to cut the Fawn title,  but it took so much work that I didn't have the fortitude to cut another one for Silvermist. LOL!  These pictures were taken on the first day that Pixie Hollow was open back in October of 2008.  I actually believe this was a soft opening day.  We waited in line ForEVer!  Fawn and Silvermist loved my pumpkin ears.


This two-pager uses K & Company paper too.  I guess I was on a K & Company thing back then.  I thought this paper went so well with a series of Matterhorn pictures that I took with a friend once.  It was fun wandering around the different sides of the mountain and trying to get pictures of it with the flowers and trees in front. 
The large footprint in the second photo is displaying a supposed footprint of the abominable snowman that was found on the south slope of the mountain in May of 1978.  They have one at the front of the mountain facing the central hub and one at the back of the mountain between the loading dock and the turkey leg stand.

The fonts I used for the title are Lifestyle Crafts (formerly known as QuicKutz) dies as are the fern leaves.

I added some Distress Stickles to the paper to add some interest and texture to the paper.  I love it!


You guessed it, more K & Company paper!  I added some corduroy covered brads from Bazzill in brown and red for some very simple embellishments.  I didn't want anything more for this layout. Title is again three different alpha dies from Lifestyle Crafts.

This layout documents my first day ever alone in the park.  Mr. Diva was working in Anaheim for a couple of days and I decided to join him.  We stayed across the street from Disneyland, so I decided to go into the parks by myself during the day and he would join me in the evenings.

This may be difficult for some of you to believe, but I actually had a severe case of characterphobia up to the this point.  I had only take ONE picture with a character, Tigger, and that was a sacrifice so my sister could have her picture with Eeyore.  Tigger was being a camera hog and I was there to distract him.  It was frightening.
I decided that this would be the day that I would overcome my fear of characters, so I headed straight for Toon Town.  I started with Pluto, and worked my way through to the big Mouse.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  After that I went over and went through the Princess Fantasy Faire line twice!  It was a very successful day and I indeed overcame my characterphobia.

2 comments:

blupixy said...

Wow! You are doing great! Love to see your layouts finished. So fun to see how different they turn out from mine :) Thanks for sharing!

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh man, these are all so fun! I am so glad you finally put them together! I love seeing the photos. I so want to do some disney scrapping right now!