Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Storyteller's Critter Breakfast Layouts

We LOVE the Critter Character Breakfast at the Storytellers Cafe in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. Both of these layouts are about our first time experiencing it for my birthday in 2009 during Disney's Year of Celebrations.
Both layouts done with various October Afternoon papers, and a teeny bit of Cosmo Cricket paper (the blue gingham) and MME (green title and photo mats).
This two page layout was based on Sketch #61 from Sketch Savvy.  This is a one page sketch that I turned into a two pager for my Disney Club.










For the title, I cut 3 layers of thin chipboard and cardstock out with my QuicKutz alphas and then layered them to make the words "having a" stand out.  The words "Wild Time" are very old chipboard.
 For the different embellishments, I cut out burlap in several colors, and then dyed some of the white burlap with blue Distress Stain so that there were some blue bits too.  In order to make embellishments without the burlap disintegrating, you have to iron on interfacing before you cut it.  I used Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves dies and Movers and Shapers dies for these pages.

























To add some texture to the burlap pieces, I attached them to the page and then poked holes where I wanted the veins to go, and hand sewed with linen thread.  Yes, it took forever, but I like it.






This layout is based on Sketch #62 from Sketch Savvy and I made it into a two-pager for my Disney Club.



















This is the second layout about our Critter Breakfast. This is also October Afternoon paper, the same Tim Holtz dies, but cut with paper on this layout. The solidish cardstock papers are from Bo Bunny and MME. 
For a little texture, I cut additional acorns from chipboard, layered them and then put the colored cardstock on top. A Chip and Dale layout must have lots of acorns on it! 


For one of the challenges on Disney Scrappers, we were to journal on a layout about the What, Where, How or Why of our Disney Vacation.  Since we are AP holders and live within an hour of Disneyland, we don't really take Disney Vacations, but we do visit often and we usually have a why to our Wheres, so my journaling reflects that on these layouts.







Here are some of the reasons why we love Storytellers. 

3 comments:

Tammy E. said...

Wow. These are wonderful. I love two pagers! Pinterest bound!

blupixy said...

Love these layout! The leaves you made of burlap are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Susan Stringfellow said...

omgosh, these are fantastic,Tami! I just love the OA with the brown and your burlap embellishments are just supercool! I am totally saving those because I will not remember those tips. I have to say that the quickutz title amazed me too - I can not tell by the photo that its layered and they just look so good with the dimension. I have to try that. I am really wishing I had that alpha now. My alphas are kind of lame. lol