Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bang that Beat!

This Disney layout is dedicated to some of the great Disneyland Street Performers. The Trashcan Trio is a group of percussionists who play in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. They keep a foot stomping, toe tapping beat going using just trashcans, buckets and trashcan lids. As you can tell, they're a fun group!


Again, I used Scrap Within Reach " Paper Boy" paper for this layout, and sketch #11 from Sketch Savvy. It was a one pager, but you know I can't do just one page for my Disney photos or I will never get them finished! So I turned it into a two-pager again.


I decided to put part of the title in a trashcan. The template for the trashcan is at the end of this blog post. No, I still can't make an SVG file, so if you make one, please let me know and I will link it here.



The trashcan is cut from some really old Black Tie Basic Grey paper that I had.


To add to the industrial look, I added some Tim Holtz Ideaology washers and some large pewter brads. The teal trim is Creative Imaginations.


Here is the template. Please let me know if you convert any of my templates into SVG files so I can link to them and we can share them with others.

8 comments:

Darlene S. said...

This is TOTALLY fabulous! I love your garbage cans, I thought they were premade because they look so awesome and flawless! :D These colors play together so well! :)

I surfed for a long time just now trying to find a "create an SVG file" tutorial that I seen in passing today. I had to backtrack through all of today's browser history, but I finally found the SWEET tutorial link. I hope this helps you next time you want to make this shape again. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0OSMYF2GhU&feature=player_embedded

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh wow! Fantastic! Love the trash cans. Where are they standing? that wall behind them looks cool.

Tamera said...

Susan -- That wall is the Star Tours/Star Trader wall across from the Buzz Lightyear ride. Above it they have the galaxy murals and under them are the old Mary Blair murals.

Unknown said...

This is totally fab! Love those colors and details! It's awesome!

My oldest was in a percussion band for quite a while and got to perform with them across the country... Very cool stuff!

Laurie Zeller said...

Great use of that sketch! And I love how you turn them into 2-pagers. The trash cans are just adorable! Thumbs up!!

mustangkayla said...

What a fun fun layout! THat trash can is too cool! I saw your comment on the Cosmo Cricket blog about fabric. I know of an on-line store one of my friends has ordered from before. I think you can e-mail me from this message and I'll try to track down the store for ya.

mustangkayla said...

Okay, I just went and found it real quick. It is misspaperjane.com. The direct link to the fabric (its under embellishments) is http://www.qbaroo.com/misspaperjane/main.cfm?categoryoid=4&productoid=59

Happy enabling!

Lydia said...

Fantastic paper piecing and great use of it on your layout!!