Thursday, April 18, 2024

Miss You Wheel Stencil Card


Wow, we are already at the fifth card I made for the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 2024 Release. Today's card is a slimline card, 3.5'x8.5" and I am using stamps and stencils in todays very quick tutorial.

 https://youtu.be/OsInVvNb3eA

Here is a very short video tutorial for this card.

I began by cutting a piece of Watercolor Cardstock into an slimline card size - 3.5" x 8.5 " then on the smooth side I just started stamping the Miss You sentiment from Abstract Florals all over the background in Hickory Smoke Archival. Don't worry if it isn;t perfect! Just stamp quickly in a line across the top or bottom of the card to get the first row straight and then do your best to eyeball it from there. I did staggere the words on each line so Miss and You were above and bbelow each other. This will go much faster than you think if you just do it and don't overthink it.
While you have the stamp out you might as well stamp one on a thin strip of Watercolor Cardstock in Black Soot Archival. trim the ends and put in on a thin black heavystock mat. Use a dimensional adhesive to pop it up.
Choose six sets of two Distress Inks in a color scheme you like. I chose blues, teals and aquas. I picked a light color and a darker color that were in the same family and then I began stenciling with one of the Mini Blending tools. I started with the lighter color and then blended it toward the center, getting darker as I went. Then I started again with the darker of the two and began in the center and worked my way out toward the lighter.
I trimed the card down by a 1/4 " and then finished it off with a straight stich around the card fron in black.

I had a lot of fun making this card and I'd love to make more in different colors with different sentiments but the same design.

Thank you so very much for visiting my blog today! I'm grateful for your support!

Have a creative day! 
Tami 
 
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: