Monday, April 17, 2023

Creative Blocks Two Ways

Hooray for some Creative Blocks that are actually useful! These delightful little square art stamps are from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. I wanted to use them as a background for some of the other stamps in the new release, so I made a mixed media mosaic background, seen above, and a basic card paper background seen below so that this basic design could be used by different types of crafters.
These cards are made with the Creative blocks stamped the exact same way, they just aren't as messy as the mosaic background on the clipboard.

 Here is the tutorial for both of these makes using the Creative Blocks. Please enjoy!

Here is part of the mosaic background before I put the Inspector over it. I stamped the images in Distress Archival ink in Hickory Smoke, Ground Espresso and Black Soot. Then sprinkled Distress Stain in Antique Linen, Lost Shadow, and Uncharted Mariner over it before cutting the tiles apart and spraying them with Distress Resist Spray. Once that was done I attached the tiles to the chipboard with Collage Medium and then pressed them into a layer of Grit Paste to mimic grout.
I love the subtle bits of color the splatters of Distress stain left and how the Distress Resist Spray really blended it all together to make the Blocks look like handmade tiles.
I really love it!
You can see behind the inspector that I added some of the Layers Organic from the Idea-ology 2023 release.
My inspector is a building inspector and he brought his clipboard to the job site to make sure the builders are completing their work according to the laws. The homemade tiles are representative of the artisans building the project he's inspecting.
I love that there are bits of architecture in here and there.
The handmade tiles just went too perfectly with this sentiment.
The cards were made the same way, but less messy.
I cut the tiles using the small guillotine Trimmer from Tim Holtz and Tonic.
These tiles have a very different look. Although they were stamped the same way with the same colors, but the hand coloring really makes a difference. I only used Antique Linen and Lost Shadow to splatter these and then I colored them all in with the same stains and a water brush.
To make the stamping stand out, I added Micro Glaze on them to make the Archival Ink pop on the images.
This flower was colored with Crackling Campfire and Crushed Olive.
The sentiment is colored in Crackling Campfire.

This card is made exactly the same way as the one above.
The only difference is the flower stamp from Bold Botanics and the color is Abandoned Coral.
more architectural details....
and more... a great set!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you found the tutorial to be helpful and maybe inspiring!

I hope you have a very Creative Day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 


No comments: