Sunday, March 12, 2023

Idea-ology 2023 - Book Nook Manor

I have waned to attempt to make a book nook out of Idea-ology since I first saw one pop up on my feed in either Facebook or Instagram months and months ago. I decided that if it was going to get done I was just going to have to jump in with both feet and give it a try, and designing for the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2023 release was the perfect push I needed to get it done.

Here is a rather long process tutorial. I hope it helps you see how I thought through this book nook and how I made all the details.

I really felt that a cover on this should look like a book so that when you didn't want the book nook scene showing, you could turn it around and it could look like a book on the shelf. That way you don't have to find a place to store it when maybe it is out of season or you don't want the clutter.

 I put this quote label and label frame on the back binding because I thought it went well with the scene and also with the fact that I couldn't keep waiting for the perfect time to try making a book nook, I just needed to make it the perfect time.

The papers in the Color Pallette Backdrops Vol 5 are so beautiful!
Here you can see the scene in the book nook and how it looks on a shelf between two books.
This paper doll is from the Solo Paper Dolls pack. I colored her with Distress Crayons

 For the left side I framed some parts of ephemera from the Ephemera Palette pack with Deco Frames. All of the metals in this piece were colored with some Statuary Distress Foundry Wax and then a bit of Picket Fence Distress Paint that I wiped off to give the metal an old oxidized look.
 The top of the vignette book case has the hat Adornment Stand, a Key and a Word Tag, and Bouquet flowers in a Tiny Vial.
 
The bookcase is the smallest Vignette Box with some chipboard molding I made around the top and bottom of the box. It is painted with Lost Shadow Distress Paint. The books were made with book paper and Back Drops scraps. The words on the bindings are cut from the Curator Snippets.
 The balcony is made with a Metal Gate, Adornment Ornate, and two long floral pieces from Adornments Nature. All gone over with Statuary Foundry Wax and Picket Fence Distess Paint.
The two Deco Frames are showcasing a floral from the Palettes Ephemera and the map is from the Organic Layers pack. 

 These floral pieces I used were from a retired set called Adornments Nature. I somehow didn't realize they were old. I somehow mixed them in with the new release in my muffin tin. So I apologize and if you don't have this set in your stash, I would use the long leaf pieces in the new Adornments Foliage.

I went over the raw edges of the Curio Frame with the Statuary Foundry Wax and then framed the portrait from the Palette Ephemera Pack.

I put another Tiny Vial on the mantle along with the floral Mini Flair and some more Bouquet flowers,
 The label is from the Curator Snippets and the stopper is one of the Antique Gems.

 That Mini Flair is so pretty!

The mantle was made with one of the Baseboard Windows, some scrap wood pieces  but you could layer chipboard, and chipboard molding. The floral piece is another one from Adornments Nature.

Again I apologize for somehow mixing those pieces in with my new stuff and not realizing they weren't new. I'm still shaking my head at myself. But I had to say that they were absolutely perfect for this piece!

 As always I am so thankful that you took the time to stop by here and/or my Youtube channel. Your support and kind comments are always, always such an encouragement to me. Thank you!

 I wish you a very creative day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

Just read though for now. I don't think anything is hard to do...just so many details. And I have heard a saying all my life. "The devil is in the details." They really make the project. Love all the tiny details!