Saturday, March 12, 2022

Tim Holtz Distress Foundry Wax

I just can't get over how innovative and amazing the new Distress Foundry Waxes are from Tim Holtz and Ranger Ink. I love that I can add just a little bit or a lot of metallic guilding to so many different surfaces. If you missed the live Youtube reveal and demo from Tim, I urge you to stop reading right now and go over an watch it on his Youtube channel. This wax is not like any other on the market and when you heat it, the magic happens!
I made my own short video tutorial on this project, but mainly focused on how I made (or more accurately attempted to make) the faux mercury glass vase.
For this project I worked with the Sterling and Statue Foundry Waxes. I pounced them onto the Etcetera Tag washer for a little sparkle at the top.
Then pounced them with my finger onto the Adornments Stars.
I thought the Statue wax would make great metallic centers for the Bouqet flowers and I love how they turned out.
Then of course the Faux Mercury Glass technique that I show in my video tutorial. I am still perfecting this but it has been really fun to experiment with this technique.
To make the Vignette Frame look like an old wooden guilded frame, I first stained it with Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood Distress Spray stains. Once it was completely dry, I put some Foundry Wax in Sterline and Statue on the raised areas of the frame, and then heated it. I love how it looks so weathered.
I only used a tiny bit of the Statue but that is all I really needed. I colored the Snapshots photo with Distress Crayons before framing it.
Another set of Star Adornments in the bottom corner.

Lastly I added a little guilding to the Numeric date at the bottom.
 

I am always so grateful that you took the time to stop by my blog and read to the very end! Thank you for your support! If you have any questions, please contact me through the link in the right column. Although I read every comment here and am so thankful for them, I can't figure out how to comment back. But I can reply if you contact me through the link at the right.

Have a creative day,

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

WOW!!! That really does look like Mercury Glass. So cool, and I love all the touches of wax you added all through the project. Now I have to go watch the video to see how you did that...ttyl...

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I love this so much. Thank you for sharing. I can’t wait to experiment myself. ❤️

KC in CA said...

Lovely make. I am in love with mercury glass and I cannot wait until my foundry wax gets here to start experimenting. Your project has given me lots of ideas as did Tim's release video. I now have Heart's song, "Magic Man," stuck in my head because this stuff is magic and I cannot believe Tim could come up with another product that is, once again, changing my crafting world.

Unknown said...

This is just so lovely Tami ! I have my foundry waxes now and working on my version of this gorgeous piece... such fun ! Thanks again for your sharing your talent ! Heather