Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Do What You Love - 3D Doily Embossing Folder

 

I'm telling you, the 3D Doily Embossing Folder from Tim Holtz and Sizzix is truly stunning! It looks like a lace overlay. And the beauty of this is that it can make a gorgeous card in just a few minutes. 

I have a video tutorial for how I made this mini Framed Panel with the 3D Doily Embossing Folder.

To make this project I used a mini Framed Panel, Cafe Colorize, Falling Hearts, a stamped floral paper, White Heavystock. Distress Inks (or Oxides) in Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet, a scrap piece colored with Aged Mahogany, and a die cut machine.

 

I cut the tea cup from Cafe out of some stamped tags I had from a previous project. Then cut the heart and details using Aged Mahogany paper. To make the background, you need to ink the flat portion of the embossing folder and then spritz it with water, then run White Heavystock and run it through a die cut machine. If the ink is only on the flat portion of the embossing folder, it will color the embossed areas and leave the raised areas white.

This is a fun, quick project to make and I hope you found the video to be helpful and informative. If you have any questions about this project that I didn't cover in the video, please contact me through the section in the column at the right. I'll do my best to answer it.

Have a crafty day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you.  

This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tami. I love the sweet colours you chose and your distressed finish on the frame really sets everything off. Your lace looks so authentic and, your instructions and videos are always well presented and easy to follow. Thanks so much for sharing your technique.
Linda Atkinson

Lynda said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial. Has helped me no end with my doily die!! Im so in awe of your amazing designs and projects. 🥰