Monday, June 25, 2018

Christmas in June Part 2 - Halfway to Christmas!

Today marks the halfway point of the year and only 6 more months until Christmas!
This is a Christmas Shaker Card I made a couple of weeks ago using the following Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous, and Sizzix Alterations:
Tree Ring
Tattered Christmas Stamps and Framelits
Holiday Words Script
Pine Punch
Fold-up Bows

I noted it in my sneak peek, but again, this Shaker Card was inspired by Greg Harrison’s Tree Ring Shaker Ornament.


Peace --
I wanted this card to reflect the sentiment so I tried to make it soft and pleasant.
To make this card I used the following dies from Tim Holtx Sizzix Alterations:
Tattered Poinsettia and texture fade
Tattered Leaves die and texture fade
Stacked Baroque
Rosette Embossing Folder
Holiday Words Script


This Christmas card was a lot of fun to make. I pulled out several dies from my stash to pair with some of the newer ones.
For this card, other than the Ideaology 2017 Christmas paper on the cup, the rest of the paper is Distress Specialty Stamping Paper.

To make this card I used the following dies and stamps from Tim Holtz, Stampers Anonymous, and Sizzix Alterations:
Swirly Snowflakes stamps and framelits
Tea Time
Lace
Simple Snowflakes Texture Fade
Stacked Label

I made a quick slideshow on how to make a custom ink pad for the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Swirly Snowflakes.

In case it moves too fast you will need, @ranger_ink Cut n Dry Stamp Pad FELT (not the Foam, that’s for different techniques!) Distress Ink Reinkers in the colors of your choice, then the Swirly Snowflakes CMS319 and Swirly Snowflakes Mini CMS320 Stamps as well as the matching Swirly Snowflake Framelits from Sizzix Alterations. I chose Distress Specialty Stamping Paper for this technique because I wanted the background white and the images to be really clear.

 https://instagram.com/p/BjyD5I2n8Qv/
For the snowflakes I like to put the darkest color in the center and then the lighter colors around it in kind of a bullseye shape.
Once you get the ink on the felt, I smush it in with an old gift card or scraper to push the ink into the felt. Then you can stamp with it like any other stamp pad.
Once stamped, I cut them all out with the matching Framelits dies from Sizzix. To keep the framelits in place and make sure they don't shift when I'm cutting them, I hold them in place with some low tack tape. Here I used some old washi tape I got at a crop. I don't like to waste my good Tim Holtz design tape on this step!
I love these snowflakes. They’re so pretty.
Look at the detail in the stamps and how perfectly the framelits cut them! They are just so beautiful I like to stare at them. LOL!

I can't decide which one is my favorite!
It’s a pretty easy technique to do and I love the result!


1 comment:

Theresa said...

love your Christmas cards. never too soon to start. thanks as always for sharing.