Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paradise Lost?

 This was an attempt to turn an amazing one page layout by Susan Stringfellow into a two page layout.  I loved her original so much that this just doesn't do it justice.  It's kind of embarrassing really, but I love the photos and I will just have to be happy with that.

Here is the sketch I used from Sketch Savvy for this layout.


The title may sound kind of strange, but as the journaling says, this view of Paradise Pier in Disney's California Adventure has completely changed.   This was the night we met a friend at DLR, and we stopped to take some silly photos.
 The mouse that is around the loop in California Screamin (over Laurie's left shoulder) has now been changed to a sun motif. 
 On this side of the page, the center of the Sun Wheel now boasts a fantastic classic Mickey Head from the early cartoons.  And the most despised ride in all of Paradise Pier, the Maliboomer, (in the top right corner of the picture) has been disassembled and is looooooooong gone!  I must say that I am thrilled about that because I hated walking by it and seeing people sitting in the seats with the puke shields in front of their faces.  It made me sick to my stomach every time.

The only embellishments on this page are the Tim Holtz rosettes, TH ticket stamp and Mickey punch.  Keeping is simple these days huh?

1 comment:

Pam said...

Very cute layout - this is a great memory to document. I have plenty of pictures of the old Paradise Pier and should probably do the same thing! I also completley agree with you about the maliboomer!