Sunday, June 12, 2011

Part of Our World

On May 31, 2011, DCA had an early preview of The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure ride for Annual Passholders. In order to ride, you had to show your AP at least twice while in line and then you had to show it again in order to get in to the Ariel shop across the way to purchase limited edition Ariel's Under the Sea Adventure pins. It is a really, really cute ride, and you can read my review of it and see more pictures of it on my Disneyland blog.



For this layout I stretched this one-page Valentine's sketch from Sketch Savvy, into a two-pager. Please follow the link to download your own copy, and leave the very talented Susan Stringfellow some kudos while you're there. She deserves it for continually inspiring so many of us!


First, I used Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air paper for this layout. Page one uses some die cuts from SVG Cuts. I purchased them from their site. Easy and affordable!! The waves I cut using Creative Memories' Wavy 12" Cutter. I guess they no longer sell it. I put the paper in on the bottom edge for one cut and then moved it over and to the top for the second cut. That's why it looks like waves and not like ric rac. Then I trimmed one end to a point.


For the second page, I used an SVG label shape for the title and embellished it with Robin's Nest Dew Drops.


I love the bright orange of this paper and the soft pinks and blues too. It just goes perfectly with this ride!


And did you spot the Hidden Mickey? I didn't even have to make it! It just came with the paper!

Here is one video version of the ride. Visit my Disneyland Blog for more still shots and another video.

2 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

I had to watch it all over again. LOVE your photos and review. The page is fantastic and I am totally going to copy your seaweed.

Laurie Zeller said...

Those die cuts are adorable! The crab is just too darn cute. Looks like you really enjoyed the attraction. Papers are a perfect choice. May have to get my hands on those!