Thursday, May 12, 2011

Star Tours -- The Original!

With the Star Tours II scheduled to open on June 3, 2011, I decided it was time to get my pictures or the original scrapped. I remember when Star Tours first opened and how amazing it looked. I hear that the new and improved version will be different with each ride because they have 54 different ride sequences to choose from. Can't wait! Here is a little taste of one of them.


I used 2-page Sketch #11 from Sketch Savvy, and the paper is Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo line. I even included some of the Cogsmo blackboard shapes and die cut pieces.


Just as a little Disney trivia here -- the G2 Droid in Sector 2 (seen below) was originally one of the 4 birds in the barbershop quartet in America Sings.
They de-feathered him and stuck him in the Star Wars queue!

For old time's sake, here is a ride on the original Star Tours...you gotta love Pee Wee Herman as Rex. And when you watch the safety spiel, watch the lady's eyebrows. Hilarious!

No comments: