Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Are you sure this water is sanitary?"


I wanted to use some of the beautiful Scrap Within Reach paper that I recently purchased and thought it would go perfectly with these pictures I took at Disneyland a few years ago. I absolutely love the mix of brown, green and blue in these papers!

My friend Susan has just developed a new sketch blog that I absolutely LOVE! You must head over there immediately to check it out! Sketch Savvy

This is the sketch I thought would go perfectly with this paper, but since I wanted to make it a two-pager, I adapted the sketch and added a page. That's the wonderful thing about sketches, they give you inspiration and a place to start, and then you can make it into something that works for you!


In addition to the paper, I added a little Creative Imaginations felt trim which matched perfectly, and cut some flowers and leaves from Bazzill cardstock. The top flowers are some old cardstock that I covered with sheets from an old dictionary using Claudine Helmuth Studio Multi-Medium. I colored them with Ranger Distress Inks.

The brads on the flowers were made with the I-top by Imaginice. First I took a few small pieces of Claudine Helmuth Sticky Back Canvas and colored them with distress inks, then stamped on them with an Inque Boutique stamp. Then I just followed the directions on the I-Top and voila!

The title comes from Disney's Tarzan movies since these pictures were taken out in front of Tarzan's Treehouse (formerly the Swiss Family Robinson House). The cute little elephant, Tantor, says this as he is getting in the elephant pool. It cracks me up, so I thought I would link that section of the movie here.

5 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

ok that is just a beautiful page and such a perfect title to tie the photos together. I just love it. I don't have any Tarzan's treehouse photos but I have a bunch of Swiss Family Robinsons treehouse that I need to do. I really love the way you stretched a 2 pager from the idea of the sketch. I may have to CASE you.
I added your layout to my sketch blog! Thanks for playing!
http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/2010/03/sketch-13-12x12.html

Heidi Smith said...

I'm not a *huge* Disney fan (I know **GASP!**, Susan will kill me.) but I did love that quote. ;)

great job with the sketch too! Loved the i-top flower centers & dictionary pages.

Unknown said...

This is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, Tam! I just love it! Fab papers, fab page and fab pics! LOVE IT!

Frank said...

LOVE this layout...not only the paper and embellies...but the quote...I'm actually known for that quote...lol...

GREAT job!! :)

Madeline said...

Wonderful spread! Great job working with the sketch!