Friday, August 30, 2019

Let's Get Smashed - Monster Reunion Card

This smashed pumpkin makes me smile. And for me, this time of year, I get smashed by over-indulging on the candy corn and candy pumpkins...I can't stop...I'm eating candy corn right now while I type this. LOL
But I digress, back to the card. So this background is made the same way as the Toadstool card I posted a few days ago. I gave a pretty detailed tutorial on that post, so instead of repeating that, here is a link to the Distress Archival Resist Technique I learned from Tim Holtz. I made these at the same time and with the exact same inks as the plaids. So much fun! I hope you give it a try.
  1. The pumpkin, part of the Monster Reunion stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous, was just stamped on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Black Archival Ink and watercolored with Distress Inks and Markers.  
  2. I cut him out with one of the small Stacked Deckle Dies from Tim Holtz and Sizzix, and then matted with a tiny bit of Black Metallic Kraftstock 
  3. I added a bigger mat to the pumpkin made from Heavystock that was colored with various orange Distress Stains and a light touch of Black Soot Distress Spray Stain. I cut it out of the center of the same mat I used for the big scribbly background paper.
  4. I finished it off with some messy zig zag machine stitching across the bottom just as a fun little element of interest. This type of stitching requires zero actual sewing skill, so it's perfect for those of us who don't really sew. If you have them, you could use one of the Stitches CMS365 stamps instead of machine stitching.
  5. Then I added a piece of chipboard or you could use some dimensional adhesive like foam dots to lift it off the background.
I added more messy stitching around the outside of the background and then cut a strip of the small dot paper, matted it with heavystock and Black Metallic Kraftstock and then tied a token around it.

Once you get the background technique perfected, this is really a simple card to replicate.
I'm always thankful you took the time to stop by and hope it was helpful.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That candy corn is dangerously addicting.... I resisted buying some the other day.... I love this technique, it is so cool, hope I can still find the paper after you've posted it twice! There are so many color combinations to try! Thanks for sharing the great tutorials!