Monday, March 25, 2019

Cherish - Tim Holtz Chapter 2

There are some really gorgeous dies coming out in the Chapter 2 Sizzix release from Tim Holtz. These dies are on preorder currently and will be shipping soon! I have links at the end of this blog post.
On this spring Etcetera tag, I wanted to showcase two of my new favorites, Intricate Lace and Crochet.
The background is made of the Intricate Lace die. This is perfect for the background on an A4 card, but you can lay it next to itself and cut it twice or more to make a long lace piece as you see above.
I added a piece of Crochet lace across the bottom. This Crochet lace comes in two styles, each in two sizes. It is incredibly detailed and I love it so much. this die can also cut longer pieces of lace if it is laid end to end.
 Once you cut a piece of Intricate Lace twice from some Kraftstock, to make a large enough piece to fit over the Etcetera Tag, and one piece of Crochet to fit along the bottom, you are ready to move on.
 Use Distress Collage Medium to lay a coat over the tag. Place the Lace and Crochet dies into the Collage Medium and press them down. Make sure the decorative top of the Crochet piece covers the bottom edge of the Intricate Lace piece. It's a lovely scallop and gives the piece a finished look. Then cover the entire piece with another coat of Distress Collage Medium.
 Once it is completely dry, and you can use a heat tool, trim around the edges and lightly sand them to to give a soft, finished edge all the way around. I used my snips to trim the bits from the tag hole.
 Paint the entire piece with the color of your choice. The one in the picture here is painted with Antique Linen, but my Cherish sample tag was painted with Picket Fence.
Again, once it is completely dry, you want to go over the entire surface lightly and sand away some of the paint so the Kraftstock shows through. Sadly the Tim Holtz sanding block is retired, but I love it and would recommend getting something similar if you can. I recently bought several at a store with a weekday in it's name. :-D
Here is a close up that allows you to see the worn, shabby look of the tag. Isn't that Intricate Lace Beautiful?
Once I had the tag completed, I turned to the bouquet. For this I used the Chapter 1 Wildflower Stems 1 die set.
I chose the greenery piece on the far left and the flower on the far right. I cut multiple greenery pieces from Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. I also cut one full flower and two additional blossoms.
The greenery was colored with Shabby Shutters and Bundled Sage Distress Ink and edges with the Shabby Shutters Marker. The Flower was colored with Tattered Rose.
As you can see the Wildflower Stems aren't flat. None of them are. That's because I used the Sizzix Paper Sculpting Tool Kit to shape them and give them a little dimension.  Also, for the flower, I colored, shaped, and then attached three of the blossoms together. This really gave it even more dimension.
To finish it off I colored a small piece of seam binding with Tattered Rose Distress Ink and then used the new Alpha Numeric Label letters to spell out the word Cherish mounted on a small strip of Kraftstock.
Isn't the Crochet lace die just lovely?  It really looks like a piece of lace but it's paper!

Thank you so much for stopping by to see the details on this piece. I really love how it turned out.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

ann barnes said...

I REALLY love this tag you have created. I was on the fence about the lace and crochet dies and, well, now I know they will be an essential addition to my toolbox! The flowers are gorgeous and shaping them adds so much to their beauty. Thank you for sharing this beautiful work of art! xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ann! You will love these dies! They are gorgeous!

scrappergirl56 said...

WOW, the Lace and Crochet Dies are so fabulous...what a great background they make...Mine are on Preorder, have been for a while...patience, patience, want them now...LOL. Love the shaping you did to the flowers...what a difference that makes...LOVE IT!

Karen L K said...

Wow love the look of this tag!