Monday, August 12, 2019

Did Someone Say Candy? Monster Reunion

 One of the favorites from the Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous Halloween stamp and stencil release was the Monster Reunion set. I stamped all the monsters on their own piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Black Soot Archival Ink.  Then I made cards or tags with them as I was inspired. This lighthearted card was the result of that process.
 There isn't a technique to this card. But let me talk about the background and accent papers. The background is Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and I stenciled the small Shifter Chevron with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink using a Blending Brush. I wanted the chevron to run vertically kind of giving a feeling of electricity from above to go with Frankenstein's Monster.
The Perfect Plaid is a piece of DMM Heavystock colored with Crushed Olive Distress Ink and stamped with Hickory Smoke. I also stenciled a few stars around him from the Small Hocus Pocus stencil.
I finished it off with a few Ideaology Hardware Heads and some machine stitching and that was it. I keep saying that it is so nice when the stamps and stencils do all the work for you, but it's so true! This card practically makes itself!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose. If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 


1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Yes! This is one of my favorite stamp sets from the release, too! But, then I think...wait! they are all my fav...LOL. Love him!!!