Saturday, April 6, 2024

Wild - Tim Holtz Sizzix Vault 2

 

This is a memory piece I made with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Vault 2 Picture Show and Watch Gears dies. I used photos from one of our trips to Disney's Animal Kingdom. I was considering making a scrpbook page, but then decided I wanted something I could have sitting on a desk or workspace as a reminder of this perfect day.

The top of the piece uses the large film pieces. I resized all the photos in my Project Life app on my phone. These photos I put into the collages to resize the others I put into the the collage s several times to get them small enough for the tiny film strip and picture wheel. 

The word wild was cut from the World Traveler alpha and cut from black and kraft heavystock and layered before adhering to the film.

I used some Idea-ology Memo Pins to hold the Film strips and I have photos on both sides so this can sit on a desk and people from both directions can enjoy it.

I used some old thread spools as well as the gears from the Watch Gears die because the Animal Kingdom is brilliantly decorated with tons of found objects and reused items. I thought this was a perfect way to honor that.

I made a mistake with the filmstrip dies and that was that I cut them from black Kraftstock. I should have used Black cardstock so I didn't have to use two strips back to back. The filmstips have photos from the same trip. I made several collages with four photos, then collaged the collages, then collaged the collages again to get them the right size using my Project Life App. 

I put photos on the front and back of the film strips so that again, it can be enjoyed from any side.

I decided to use two gears to make a film reel. I just rolled up two empty film strips and glued them inbetween the gears to make the reel, then I just needed to add the end of the filmstrip with the potos to the front to make it look like it is wound around the reel.
Here you can see how I used the picture wheel as a base but still have photos of scenery and animals from our trip.

Even though I would use a different cardstock were I to make this again, I do love how the Kraftsock made this look old and worn. I really love this memory piece and so does my husband. I think it may well end up in his office instead of mine. LOL

I had been quite ill the month before this deadline and so I just made this piece and did not make a tutorial to go with it. I didn't have the time or energy to do so. I apologize and if you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me through the contact section at the right column of this blog. I'll be happy to try and help.

Have a creative day,

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

This is one of my favs. I have the dies on order as well...me and fussy cutting gets pretty fussy...LOL. Part of it comes from cutting left-handed with right-handed scissors for so long, not that I have left-handed scissors, I get lost figuring our which side I should from...the struggle is real.....LOL.