Friday, April 19, 2024

Forgotten Garden Split Front Card

 

This is the sixth and last card I created for the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 2024 stamp and stencil release.  Today's A2 card is a split front card in that the right 1" is secured in place and the left 3 1/4" panel opens. I used the Label Layering Stencil for the background, the Crochet Trims for the secured panel and Forgotten Garden for the focal point. I did add the sentiment at the very end from Curiosity Shop.

 https://youtu.be/uxYS_KH1A2Y

Here is a brief video tutorial for this card.

I went over an A2 piece of the rought side of Distress Watercolor Cardstock with a blending tool in Lost Shadow. Then stenciled the Labels Layering Stencil with Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke Distress Inks to make my background paper look a little like cobblestone.
Then I sprinkled some water on it and let it dry.
I cut an A2 cardbase out of Black Kraftstock. Then I cut 1" off the right side of the front of the card and attached it to the inside of the card. This made the front flap of the card thinner at 3 1/4" and the secured 1" panel on the left I added a piece of 3/4" x 4" Watercolor cardstock, covered with Lost Shadow Distress Ink and then stamped in Pumice Stone with a Crochet Trim. I went around both front panels with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I stamped the lavender from Forgotten Garden onto some Distress Watercolor Cardstock in Ground Espresso Archival Ink. Then watercolored it with Distress Inks and fussy cut it out with scissors. However, I have the dies for Forgotten Garden on order from Simon Says Stamp because I have ideas and I don't love to fussy cut. Links for the dies are below.
I added three vintage pearl buttons that I bought in a lot off eBay.
And I stamped the sentiment from Curiosity Shop in the corner in black.

I do like how this turned out and I like that the front panel is narrower than the back of the card but the whole card is still A2 sized.

I am always so happy that you took the time to stop by my blog here or my youtube channel or both, Thank you so much!

Have a creative day, 

Tami

 

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

No comments: