Saturday, April 13, 2024

Lucky Day. - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 2024

 

This is the first of six cards I made for the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 2024 Release. This card features the Curiosity Shop and Paint by Number stamp sets from this release. I know it is out of season but I was ill and didn't get to celebrate St Patrick's Day this year. So I am going to try and make St Patrick's Day cards all year to add to my stash to send out next year. But you don't have to limit yourself to St Patrick's Day for this card design. It can be for so many different seasons.

Here is a short tutorial showing how I made this card and giving you ideas for other cards for other seasons.

 
Here you can see that I matted the card front in gold and stitched around it in gold. The clovers were stamped in Rustic Wilderness Archival Ink onto the smooth side of Distress Watercolor Cardstock, and watercolored with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I color blended some Shabby Shutters Distress Ink all over the background for a light green effect.
The Paint by Number letters were stamped in Pine Needles Green and embossed with Pine Needles Distress Embossing Glaze. I then fussy cut them out and attached them to metallic cardstock and cut out a send shadow by hand. I have the links to the dies from Simon Says Stamp below to make this step even easier.
I stamped the sentiment from Curiosity Shop onto a scrap of watercolor cardstock in Black Soot Archival Ink and then matted it with black kraft stock and gold kraftstock,
 
 And that's really all there was to this card. Remember, I made this St Patrick's Day, but you can use any shape stamp to make a background for any season - the hats and a 1 for New Years Day, a heart from Love notes and the 14 from Paint by Number, or a star and the 4 for 4th of July, or a bat, spider, or pumpkin and 31, or a tree, package, wreath or bauble and 25 for Christmas.  Don't let the topic of a card limit you. Take the design elements and let your imagination run from there!

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

Gayle M. said...

This is such a cute card!! Love the way the colors blend so welll.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Marie said...

Hello from Belgium!
I love it a lot! Thanks for sharing it, Tami!