Saturday, August 26, 2023

By the Light of the Moon

I think the Mini Frights stamps from the new Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Halloween Release are super cute and I thought they would pair really well with the new Etcetera Tiles. Let's not waste any time and just jump right in to the how-to!

Here is a process tutorial that I filmed as I was making this piece.

 To begin, I used a Small Etcetera Tag and a package of Etcetera Mosaic Tiles.

 I stamped the Mini Frights in Black Archival Ink onto Distress Watercolor Cardstock.

 

I colored the images with Distress Watercolor Pencils. I used the palette I had made with the pencil shavings.

 

I cut the sentiment Here For The Candy apart so I could stamp it horizontally under the candy.

The tag is covered with Distress Watercolor Cardstock and sprayed with Dusty Concord and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain. I added a bit of Ominous Twilight, Jack o Lantern and Mulled Cider Mica Stains as well.
Then I fnished off the background tag by stenciling the Spellbound stencil with Black Opaque Texture Paste. The word strip at the bottom is from the Idea-ology Baseboards pack for 2023.
The little ghost does not glow.
Such a cute little bat!
 I painted the "throw-away" frame you pop the mosaic tiles out of, with Black Soot Distress Paint and used it to frame the tiles and I love how it looks! Don't throw away those outside bits! You can find all kinds of ways to use them!
Lastly, I added a few hardware heads to some of the pieces to finish it off.

I hope you enjoy this fun, whimsical piece of Halloween decor made with Tim Holtz products.

Have a creative day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get asmall percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!  

No comments: