Monday, April 3, 2023

Faux Sugar Eggs

Hello procrastinated project! I have been working on these faux sugar eggs in my mind since back in January when I first saw the Idea-ology Salvaged Rabbits and Tiny Eggs. I bought the supplies then, but I let one of the techniques get into my head and I got a bit intimidated and kept putting this off. I finally decided that time was up, Easter was upon us, and I had to get it done. So I jumped in and it was so fun. I hope you will come along with me and give faux sugar eggs a try.
Here is my video tutorial. If you have been following my tutorials for very long, you know that I try to be thorough and explain as much as I can. This video is no exception. It's just over 30 minutes long, so be sure to grab a snack or beverage and pick a time where you have an extra 30 minutes to follow along. If you found it at all helpful, I would greatly appreciate a like and a comment. Thank you!
Here is a picture of the blue egg with the background in it.
Here is a close up of the background made with pieces from the Palette Ephemera Pack.
And here is the pink egg with the pink background in the back.
The pink background isn't completely pink, but it is a fun mixture of spring colors.
From this angle, the crooked Texture Paste Faux Frosting isn't really noticeable. LOL!
I love the sugared bunny!
The faux frosting went a little better on the second egg, but it still isn't prefect and I still think it's fabulous. I'm embracing the imprefection in the handmade faux sugar eggs and I really love them,
The little thiimble vases and chocolate egg add a fun difference to this egg.
The vintage tartlet tin base also added enough room for not only a Velvet Trims bow, but two cute charms.
Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule the week before Easter to check out this last minute Easter make. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it!

 I hope you have a very creative day!
Tami
 
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

8 comments:

Deborah K said...

These are wonderful! Love how you piped the paste as icing! Brilliant!

Tami said...

These are beautiful! I have always loved sugar eggs and I may try to do a faux one too. Thanks for all the inspiration! You’re amazing!!

Elizabeth Zaffarano said...

These are amazing! Great tip to use texture paste when I can’t get the ready-made decoden frosting :) I barely noticed the imperfections and honestly, the piped chocolate and sugar eggs I’ve seen aren’t exactly precise either—so I think these look the most “real.”
Appreciate how in the video that you showed how you tried things and then changed direction (with the rabbits). I think sometimes we get intimidated by videos bc it seems that the maker had this clear vision all the way though, and when we want/need to try something else, it feels like we are on the wrong track. Really inspiring all around, thank you!

Erica H said...

They ate beautiful! Thanks for the detailed tutorial. Now I want to make a dozen!

Marie said...

Oh wow, Tami! These are scrumptious! I LOVE them so much! I don't mind the "frosting" isn't perfect, I don't thing many people can do it perfectly, and you did a fabulous job! What a great trick you found with the cling foil! Bravo for trying something new, and the result definitively is worth showing! You are such an inspiration! Hi from Belgium!

Lisa Hoel said...

These are really fabulous!! Thanks for showing us how to make them.

Jeannie Goodrich Doehring said...

Hi Tami.... I just finished watching the video on your darling, adorable sugar eggs...I am going to try and make these, hopefully by this Easter, and if not, I will be making them for Easter 2024.. Thank you so much for your wonderful tutorial.. Again, they are just so sweet and cute.

Deborah Emmons said...

Another brilliant make! Loved your tutorial, might even try to make one. There used to be an Easter luncheon, with a contest for the best Easter bonnet. I would always make a crazy hat. It could be any theme, one year I made a 4th of July theme, with giant cupcakes (which I made out of paper), then I had to figure out how to pipe something on them to look like icing. First time I had done any piping, I won first prize!

I have made your drippy candles and now want to make some cabbages and carrots.

Keep the great, creative ideas coming!