Saturday, April 15, 2023

Etcetera Facade Potting Shed

 

I am so excited to have a new addition to the Etcetera family from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous! Introducing the new Facades and Stacking Strips. These can be attached to Etcetera Tags, Vignette Boxes, or anything similar as well as other fun uses you can dream up. I used one of the Facades on a Vignette box that I attached to a tag to create a little Potting Shed Vignette complete with a roof made of stacking strips and a crate made of Etcetera Trim pieces and Stacking Strips. I hope you will join me for the details!

This is a bit of a long tutorial, but if you have made vignettes before there will be spots where you can FF through me applying paper, or paint or sanding or whatever. I just wanted to be sure to show me doing some of the things I often do off camera for makers who are new to Vignette Mixed Media making. Also, for cat lovers, one of my kitties make a partial appearance. LOL
The Facades! Love how they completely transform a vignette box. So easy!  I mean, Come On! :) Love, Love, Love! Thanks for the Facades Tim and Stampers! I can see myself reaching for them time and again!
I stamped with the new Tiny Prints in Victorian Velvet.
Added some Crackle Texture Paste on the Adornments Foliage
Here you can see how I made a roof out of them. They are so versatile!.....so good! I need a package of them. LOL!
Crackle Paste and Distress Crayon make them look old and peeling.
Crackle Paste on a Salvaged Rabbit....again, I love that crackle texture!
Stacking Strips crate! See, I love them so much!!
Here are my gardening tools with Adornments Silverware (and a furry bit from X Atencio.
A Corked Vial is turned into a cool enamel jar with some crackle paste, paint, diamond stamp from The Inspector, and a rub on. And look and the crackle tecture on that bee from Idea-ology Entomology Adornments.
I had fun making some moss garden balls from baubles and Green Grass from the miniature or scenery section in the hobby store. And then making flowers from the Idea-ology Bouquet
What a happy little potting shed for spring!

I hope you were inspired to give the new facades a try! I love that they totally change a square or rectangle shape to something new. So great!

I hope you have a very creative day!

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

I so love this, a matter of fact I am going to get started on it. I won't have the facades for another week or so in our store, but I have everything else. I love that you turned the baubles into moss orbs and the TULIPS...wow, that is genius! Your kitty is pretty special, I can see the Manx ears that he has. We found a stray kitten back in the 80"s that came to us on a very small car lot. After asking around the neighborhood and no one claiming him, he became ours. He was a full-blooded Manx and looked like a miniature Bobcat and had six toes on all four paws and those ears! He would go outside each morning and then come back to the house to stay all day. Sadly, one day he did not come back. We had a stranger stop and ask one day if he could buy him. Guess he waited one day to catch him. Raz (short for Razmataz) is what we called him and what a personality he had. Of all our stray kitties, I miss him the most.