Saturday, October 17, 2020

Season's Greetings Tri-Fold Mini Slimline

I had an absolute ball making this card that is completely inspired by Taylor from Taylored Expressions. I watched this video by her, while learning about the mini slimline size and loved her tri-fold version with the little square peek through. So shout out to Taylored Expressions for this great card idea. Please watch her video and leave her a comment.

Here is a picture of my pattern page. To make the card base you need a piece of cardstock 6 x 10.5 inches. Then score it on the 10.5 inch side at 3.5 and 7. When folded it will give you three 3.5 x 6 inch sections.

I thought this card style would be perfect for using the new layering stencils from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous for the 2020 Christmas Release. I wanted to color the Gatherings Layering Stencil with different colors of Distress Ink only on the front, so I masked off the back side of the card with Judikins Masking Roll 6". I cut it in half and used enough to cover the entire back.
For the front of the card I used Festive Berries, Peeled Paint/Pine Needles, and Gathered Twigs to color this stencil with a multi color finish. To get into all the detailed areas, I opted for the Distress Blending Brushes.
As you peel the Masking Roll off, you can see that it makes such a nice border and it kept all the color on the front.
For the second page, I again masked it off and then stenciled the Tree Lot layering stencil in Peeled Paint and Pine Needles with a touch of Gathered Twigs at the bottom.
To make the windows on the card, I used Tim Holtz Stacked Squares from Sizzix. I used the two largest squares and cut the largest in the front page, and then next smallest square in the middle. Cut them together to make the little frame, which is just the cardstock colored with Festive Berries to match everything else.
In the very center, I stamped the holly from Sketch Greenery, using the windows to help me line it up properly. I watercolored the image and then stamped a sentiment under it.
Here you can see a little closer, and I have to say I love this tiny holly image and the bold font underneath it.

Please be sure to check out the Taylored Expressions link above and like and comment. This is such a fun card style and size that I really want to make more!

Thank you for stopping by today. Now be prepared for more Halloween mixed with Christmas for just a little while longer.

See you later,

Tami
 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Love the use of stencils...crafting's underdog...

Maureen Reiss said...

Really Beautiful card!!!