Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Aura of Foreboding - Dearly Departed

Oh my, this flower from the Dearly Departed stamp set by Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous is so beautiful! Although it is part of a Halloween stamp set, it really isn't holiday specific and can be used year round.
This Funeral Home advert is also part of the set.
I stamped the sign on the card background and then also on a piece of Heavystock and cut it out for dimension. I also stamped the flower on a piece of Heavystock, colored it with Distress Inks and then fussy cut it out and adhered it to the background.
I love the definition cutting it out really gave to the piece. The background is the Renaissance background stamp and the technique showing how I made it is in this post using Distress Embossing Glazes and an embossing resist technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire.

I finished this card with a Tiny Text Halloween phrase. 

This was not a difficult card to make technique-wise, but the fussy cutting did take some time. Also, if you make a bunch of backgrounds ahead of time, then making the cards goes together much faster.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 

No comments: