Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Apothecary Card - Examination CMS412

The Examination stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous has some fantastic graphics that can be used for cards, mixed media, journaling and scrapbooking.
Alright, let's talk about this background. The pharmacy labels are part of the stamp set, but they are all individual stamps. Now, you could use them on the index plastic and just stamp them as they are to make a background, but they have a bunch of space around them if you do that, which is fine if you want that look. I didn't want that look for this card. So I removed them one at a time and stamped them all right next to each other one at a time. It's the only way you can get them this close together. It did take a long time, but it was worth it for the look I achieved. Then I watercolored them all with Distress Inks one label at a time.

For a little interest on this card, I cut the background paper into two pieces by trimming 1" off along the right side. I also trimmed 1" off the front of the card. Then attached the big background piece on the smaller card front. The remaining 1" of background was adhered along the right side of the back/inside of the card.
I did a basic straight machine stitch around the front of the card, and a zigzag machine stitch down the strip.
You can see from this angle how when closed it looks like one piece, but when you open the card you can see the front is shorter than the back/inside of the card.

The focal point is a small Heavystock tag. I stamped the skeleton from the set in clear Embossing Ink, then embossed it with clear embossing fine detail powder. I colored the tag with Black Soot Distress Ink and then Ironed off the embossing powder to leave the matte skeleton image. It kind of looks like a blackboard image.
I added the word Apothecary from the Halloween Tiny Text stamps.
Also this little index stamp is part of the Examination set, so I stamped it, cut it out and attached it to the tag with a Tiny Clip.
I love the matte finish the iron-off technique leaves!

This card is a time sucker, so if you are looking for a quick card for someone, this isn't it. If you want to spend some time relaxing and stamping, stamping, stamping, coloring, coloring, coloring, then this card is for you!

Tami
 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


3 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Soooo Cool!!! Love that background!!!

Paula Cheney said...

Love this card and that background!!

Theresa said...

hi Tami. I tried your stamping method with all those labels. You are right, it is a labor of love for sure. I at least had the presence of mind to scan the finished paper before cutting it up! Now onto the sewing and putting it all together. I will post a pic of the finished card in Addicts when it is done. So love your projects. I am a Tami fangirl for sure. thanks as always for sharing.